The Lord’s Prayer
How do Christians know and worship God? This short course uses one of the greatest Christian treasures, The Lord’s Prayer, to explore prayer and reveal more about what God is like.
7.30pm on Tuesday Evenings at the vicarage
- Tuesday 11th November – Session One: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your nameExplores the Christian belief that Jesus invites us into a new relationship with God as our Father through prayer.
- Tuesday 18th November – Session Two: Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heavenUnpacks the idea of the kingdom of God, which is central to Jesus’ teaching and being a Christian disciple.
- Tuesday 25th November – Session Three: Give us today our daily breadHow does God feed his people, and what does it means to pray the words: ‘Give us this day our daily bread’?
- Tuesday 2nd December – Session Four: Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against usLooks at the central place of forgiveness in the Christian life: both receiving God’s forgiveness and forgiving others.
- Tuesday 9th December – Session Five: Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evilConsiders our strengths and weaknesses, exploring this plea to God for help and protection.
- Tuesday 16th December – Session Six: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen
Please let our vicar Scott know if you would like to attend.
Tel: 020 8397 3016