Date: Saturday 1st November (All Saint’s Day)
Venue: St Mary’s Centre
The aim of our ‘Light Party’
Jesus loved social occasions – he’s mentioned as attending a number of them in the gospels.
To offer a positive alternative to Halloween. Rather than simply ignoring Halloween we can celebrate the fact that the day after ‘All Hallows Eve’ is ‘All Saints Day’ when we celebrate the lives of those Christians who gave up everything for their faith in Jesus. As a church let’s have a party that celebrates a message of joy and hope, which is a much better basis for a party than ghouls and ghosts!
Let’s have fun and celebrate Jesus being ‘the light of the world.’
- 1.45pm – 2.00pm: Children – Arrival & Welcome – St Mary’s Centre
- 2.00pm – 2.40pm: Games – St Mary’s Centre
- 2.40pm – 3.10pm: Torch Light Treasure Hunt – in Church
- 3.10pm – 3.30pm: Craft Activity (Pumpkins) – St Mary’s Centre
- 3.30pm – 3.50pm: Refreshments – St Mary’s Centre (Food & Drinks: Same as baptism tea party) – St Mary’s Centre
- 3.50pm – 4.00pm: Closing Act of Worship. Sing song & short explanation of Jesus being the ‘Light of the World.’ – St Mary’s Centre.
- Fancy Dress: Children to dress up as saints or superheroes or to wear their brightest clothes (red, yellow, orange T-shirts). No Halloween costumes;
- Messy Grab: Doughnut on a rope;
- Musical Lights: Variation on Musical Chairs;
- Pass the Parcel;
- Apple Bobbing Game;
- Simon Says;
- Treasure Hunt;
- Craft Activity.
Book Your Place
To help us plan and organise this event. Please can you let us know if you would like to attend and how many there will be attending. Especially how many children.
Please contact: Rev’d Scott Edwards via email: firstname.lastname@example.org